What is WYAEA?
Our Core Values
Handy Resources Including:
∙Da Vinci Initiative
∙NAHS & NAJHS
OUR NEWEST NEWS!
WYAEA is the Wyoming Art Education Association. WYAEA is a state affiliate of NAEA, the National Art Education Association.
Both WYAEA and NAEA work to provide resources for art educators, as well as recognize distinguished art educators for their achievements.
The vision of WYAEA is to serve as a resource for Visual Art educators in Wyoming to connect, collaborate and network.
The mission of WYAEA is to promote opportunities for Visual Art educators in Wyoming to connect, collaborate and network through a variety of venues and professional development opportunities. WYAEA connects Wyoming Visual Art educators, stakeholders, policy makers, and the the community-at-large to strengthen the position of the Visual Arts as a discipline, and to affect positively the role of Art education in the culture.
WYAEA promotes connection, collaboration and networking through:
- Providing opportunities for Visual Art educators to gather as an educational community
- Awarding and recognizing quality Wyoming Art educators and Art programs
- Linking Wyoming Visual Art educators to the National Art Education Association
- Building a professional community by contributing our time and talents to each other
- Creating collective impact by developing alliances with other agencies who support and/or promote Arts education
- Advocating to strengthen the position of visual arts as a discipline
- Valuing diversity and committing to equality
- Promoting visual arts research, knowledge, and data